News and Media
Captain Coffee’s Recommended Reading
- “Walk with Me: A Vietnam Experience”
- “The Politically Incorrect Guide to The Vietnam War”
- “Vietnam: A History” A comprehensive report of the war.
- “Dereliction of Duty: Lyndon Johnson, Robert McNamara, The Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Lies that led to Vietnam” The secret history of Vietnam and the men that led the U.S. into a war.
- “Honor Bound: The history of American Prisoners of War in Southeast Asia, 1961-1973” The narrative report compiled by the department of defense on the experience of the P.O.W.’s in Vietnam.
- “The Last Battle: The Mayaguez Incident and the End of the Vietnam War” The untold story of the fight for the S.S. Mayaguez, an American merchant ship and the end of the Vietnam War.
- “We Came Home: P.O.W.s of Vietnam” A complete anthology of every American P.O.W. held during the Vietnam conflict.
- “Leading with Honor: Leadership Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton” Leadership among the P.O.W.s of Vietnam maintained honor for seven years, hear the stories of this leadership under imprisonment.
- “Vietnam, Now” The story of a wartime reporter who returned to Vietnam years later to find a country completely changed.
- “In the Presence of Mine Enemies” The story of fellow POW Howard Rutledge and his wife, Phyllis.
- “Taps on the Walls: Poems from the Hanoi Hilton” A compilation of the poems memorized and composed in the Hanoi Hilton by fellow P.O.W. John Borling.
- “Code of Honor” The tale of a Vietnam P.O.W.’s time in Hanoi.
- “First Heroes: The POWs left behind in Vietnam” POW’s that may have never been released after the war ended.
- “Six years in Hell: A returned POW views captivity, country, and the nations future” An account of Lt. Col Jay R. Jensen’s six years as a Vietnam POW and returning home to a changed America.
- “They Wouldn’t let us Die: The Prisoners of War Tell Their Story” A write up of the experiences of Vietnam POWs, derived from interviews and research.
- “Code of Conduct” By POW Everett Alvarez, the longest held prisoner.
- “John McCain: An American Odyssey” A biography on Senator John McCain’s life from boyhood to midshipmen, from POW to senator.
- “Worth the Fighting For” A memoir by John McCain about his life after his release from prison in Vietnam.
- “Faith of my Fathers” A tale of generations by John McCain who discusses how the influence of his ancestors helped him maintain honor as a Vietnam POW.
- “Kontum Diary: Captured Writings Bring Peace to a Vietnam Veteran” The story of a Vietnam War Veteran’s journey to inner peace through the reconciling of his former enemies.
- “Thoughts of a Philosophical Fighter Pilot”by POW Admiral James Stockdale:
- “When Hell was in Session”by POW Jeremiah Denton:
- “Prisoner of War: Six Years in Hanoi”by POW John M. (Mike) McGrath:
- “Why Vietnam Still Matters: The War and the Wall”:
- “Before Honor” By POW Eugene McDaniel:
Cuban Missile Crisis
Cuban Missile Crisis